Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Down and Out

"Down and Out" to a lot of people may be a baseball term. In this post it is a situation a close friend of mine is facing. I have a friend who is going through a very hard time with his family now. He is feeling as if his world as been turned upside down and everything pulled away from him. Though I can't comprehend the pain because I have never been in that situation I can imagine the hurt. It isn't only losing your wife it is your family. All the things you have worked so hard for so many years to build together, it is your in-laws that love em or hate em, you love em. And maybe you don't know what you had until it's gone. This is a difficult situation and though you may be "down and out" you can always turn things around. Maybe things won't be the same anymore, but they don't have to be awful. In the words of Oliver Goldsmith "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." When has any words rang more true? So I write this out of pity, because I know the hurt is deep. People have looked at him cross and they are wrong for it. He has only been misunderstood. He is confused, scared, and grasping at anything he can, that is what leads to anger and frustration. It is at times like these that we can turn to the Lord and ask for forgiveness and help. I recommend for my dear friend that he do that and I recommend for anybody who is feeling "down and out" to look up and in and find that strength to admit your faults to forgive others involve and to pray for guidance and strength.


The Lord is my sheppard...I shall not want.

No comments:

Post a Comment